Different instances of W/w Msger running with same credent..

Hi

I have two machines, I m running the Windows Messenger on both of these with
same Username/Password at the same time.

Is it a feature?? coz in general the any messenger like yahoo will log you
off from the previous instance if you try to login on another machine.

Even if this is the case, if someone pings me, to which instance will the
message get delivered??

thanks!

Greetings Rohini,

This actually isn't possible (at least the way you've described it), the .NET Messenger
Service allows only login instance per user (so you'd get signed off the other "client" if
you were to login again).

Are you sure you're using the same Passport and they're both actually "logged in" and
working?

Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Rohini Prinja" <Rohini Prinja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have two machines, I m running the Windows Messenger on both of these with
> same Username/Password at the same time.
>
> Is it a feature?? coz in general the any messenger like yahoo will log you
> off from the previous instance if you try to login on another machine.
>
> Even if this is the case, if someone pings me, to which instance will the
> message get delivered??
>
> thanks!

Hi Jonathan

Yes! this is precisely whatz happening! I checked it again. I do not get
logged off on first machine when I login to another machine.

Well I am using the "SIP communication service" on both of these machines.
So, by any chance is it related to "SIP location service" in which you can
actually register multiple destinations for a request? I was going through
the RFC of SIP and found that SIP location service can be changed by the
admin. So does w/w messenger has a seprate service like that?

Thanks!!
~Rohini