Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

msn messeger 6.2 and SP2 video/audio streams ...

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
November 25, 2004 7:13:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

i am experiencing a jerky video and audio problems with MSN Messenger 6.2
and WinXP Pro SP2 ... the video and audio periodically freeze for a brief
moment and then rush forward with greater than normal speed, then works fine
for a bit and then freezes again and so on ... very annoying!

identical set-up, but with SP1 does not have this problem ... has anyone
else seen this and am i correct in assuming that SP2 is the cause ...

much appreciate all input ...

p.s. any word on whether MSN Messenger 7 will work better with SP2?
Anonymous
November 25, 2004 7:13:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Greetings Coaster,

You and your contact might try turning off the QoS Packet Scheduler. To do so, click Start,
then All Programs, then Accessories, then Communications, and then Network Connections. Right
click your network/internet connection, then click Properties. Uncheck the QoS Packet
Scheduler, and try again. If the QoS option is grayed out, simply click on it and choose the
Uninstall button instead.
____________________________________________
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
Associate Expert
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.


"coaster" <please@no.com> wrote in message news:41a57807$1@duster.adelaide.on.net...
>i am experiencing a jerky video and audio problems with MSN Messenger 6.2 and WinXP Pro SP2
>... the video and audio periodically freeze for a brief moment and then rush forward with
>greater than normal speed, then works fine for a bit and then freezes again and so on ...
>very annoying!
>
> identical set-up, but with SP1 does not have this problem ... has anyone else seen this and
> am i correct in assuming that SP2 is the cause ...
>
> much appreciate all input ...
>
> p.s. any word on whether MSN Messenger 7 will work better with SP2?
>
November 26, 2004 10:40:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

thank you very much this has really helped ... the quality of the video is
still suffering a bit ... on the SP1 both the local user and the "other
party" video is much better quality than on SP2 for some reason ... it gets
kind of washed out periodically on both ends ... colours get distorted, etc.
.... any tweaks for this?

but the jerky video and audio are definitely fixed now ... thank you!


"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
news:%23vW$SBw0EHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Greetings Coaster,
>
> You and your contact might try turning off the QoS Packet Scheduler. To
> do so, click Start,
> then All Programs, then Accessories, then Communications, and then Network
> Connections. Right
> click your network/internet connection, then click Properties. Uncheck
> the QoS Packet
> Scheduler, and try again. If the QoS option is grayed out, simply click
> on it and choose the
> Uninstall button instead.
> ____________________________________________
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
> Associate Expert
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
> Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
> You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
>
>
> "coaster" <please@no.com> wrote in message
> news:41a57807$1@duster.adelaide.on.net...
>>i am experiencing a jerky video and audio problems with MSN Messenger 6.2
>>and WinXP Pro SP2 ... the video and audio periodically freeze for a brief
>>moment and then rush forward with greater than normal speed, then works
>>fine for a bit and then freezes again and so on ... very annoying!
>>
>> identical set-up, but with SP1 does not have this problem ... has anyone
>> else seen this and am i correct in assuming that SP2 is the cause ...
>>
>> much appreciate all input ...
>>
>> p.s. any word on whether MSN Messenger 7 will work better with SP2?
>>
>
>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
November 26, 2004 10:40:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Hi Coaster,

I'm afraid that's really the only tweak there is.
____________________________________________
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
Associate Expert
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.

"coaster" <please@no.com> wrote in message news:41a6fa20$1@duster.adelaide.on.net...
> thank you very much this has really helped ... the quality of the video is still suffering
> a bit ... on the SP1 both the local user and the "other party" video is much better quality
> than on SP2 for some reason ... it gets kind of washed out periodically on both ends ...
> colours get distorted, etc. ... any tweaks for this?
>
> but the jerky video and audio are definitely fixed now ... thank you!
>
>
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
> news:%23vW$SBw0EHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Greetings Coaster,
>>
>> You and your contact might try turning off the QoS Packet Scheduler. To do so, click
>> Start,
>> then All Programs, then Accessories, then Communications, and then Network Connections.
>> Right
>> click your network/internet connection, then click Properties. Uncheck the QoS Packet
>> Scheduler, and try again. If the QoS option is grayed out, simply click on it and choose
>> the
>> Uninstall button instead.
>> ____________________________________________
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
>> Associate Expert
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
>> Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
>> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
>> You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
>>
>>
>> "coaster" <please@no.com> wrote in message news:41a57807$1@duster.adelaide.on.net...
>>>i am experiencing a jerky video and audio problems with MSN Messenger 6.2 and WinXP Pro
>>>SP2 ... the video and audio periodically freeze for a brief moment and then rush forward
>>>with greater than normal speed, then works fine for a bit and then freezes again and so on
>>>... very annoying!
>>>
>>> identical set-up, but with SP1 does not have this problem ... has anyone else seen this
>>> and am i correct in assuming that SP2 is the cause ...
>>>
>>> much appreciate all input ...
>>>
>>> p.s. any word on whether MSN Messenger 7 will work better with SP2?
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 7:23:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

I have the exact same problem. I have been trying to find
a solution for a while but nothing yet. Any ideas?
!