Messenger Mail Status Update Broken

Until recently, when I opened hotmail from within MSN Messenger 6.2
and read any new messages, messenger would be updated i.e. it would
say "no new messages", but now it still says "x new email messages"
even after a considerable time. I have to sign out of messenger and
sign in again for the email count to be updated. Has anyone else
noticed this and have any idea what changed?

Thanks

Mark
2 answers Last reply
More about messenger mail status update broken

    Greetings Mark,

    There's some Hotmail upgrades going on right now, so some of these features aren't working
    100%; you'll just have to wait for them to be fixed.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Mark Stevenson" <n6jtw0g02@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
    > Until recently, when I opened hotmail from within MSN Messenger 6.2
    > and read any new messages, messenger would be updated i.e. it would
    > say "no new messages", but now it still says "x new email messages"
    > even after a considerable time. I have to sign out of messenger and
    > sign in again for the email count to be updated. Has anyone else
    > noticed this and have any idea what changed?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Mark

    I hear it's a Hotmail server error. Is that true?

Messenger Email MSN Messenger Microsoft Windows XP