looking for a Messenger plugin that will...

Whenever I double click on an online contact the chat window pops up and if
the contact has a display picture active it will take a few seconds for that
picture to be displayed, even if no chat has been started at all. So I
assume there must be some sort of "ping" going on in which my client
requests the contact's client to send the picture information.
Based on the above, is there any way (softwrae, plugin, utility)of knowing
if a contact in your list is opening a chat window to "look" at my display
picture?
Thanks

Greetings Alegator,

There's no way to know if they're specifically looking for your display picture, but you can
use something like StuffPlug-NG (http://www.stuffplug.com) for Messenger Plus
(http://www.msgplus.net) to detect when someone has "opened a conversation window". As well,
Messenger Discovery (http://www.messengerdiscovery.com) will also do this.
Jonathan Kay