Remote assistance does not see Messenger

I am trying to use the remote assistance feature of XP. I can not send
invite through Messenger because it says "Windows Messenger not
installed". Messenger is installed. How do I get remote assistance to
see that messenger is installed?

--
gregt812
1 answer Last reply

    Greetings,

    Actually you're using MSN Messenger; Remote Assistance in Windows XP requires Windows
    Messenger to be installed (these are two separate products!). You'll need to reinstall
    Windows Messenger from here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "gregt812" <gregt812.1gaxh0@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I am trying to use the remote assistance feature of XP. I can not send
    > invite through Messenger because it says "Windows Messenger not
    > installed". Messenger is installed. How do I get remote assistance to
    > see that messenger is installed?
    >

    > --
    > gregt812

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP