Remote assistance does not see Messenger

November 26, 2004 3:40:07 AM

I am trying to use the remote assistance feature of XP. I can not send
invite through Messenger because it says "Windows Messenger not
installed". Messenger is installed. How do I get remote assistance to
see that messenger is installed?

--
gregt812
Anonymous

Greetings,

Actually you're using MSN Messenger; Remote Assistance in Windows XP requires Windows
Messenger to be installed (these are two separate products!). You'll need to reinstall
Windows Messenger from here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b4...
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert