MSN Messenger Problem

Tim

I associated my Hotmail passport with my profile and it
seems to have associated it with outlook as well.
Everytime I open up my Messenger Window I can see my
contacts etc but there is nothing saying "2 new mails"
or "no new mail" etc.
This means I am unable to open my hotmail inbox directly
from messenger which is very annoying. I was hoping
someone would be able to help me get it back to how it
used to be.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

I had something like this problem where it created the account and folders
in Outlook. I opened the tools /accounts got rid of the hotmail account and
it deleted the folders. Now when MSN messenger pops up the you got email I
can click on it and it opens IE to the hotmail inbox.

"Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I associated my Hotmail passport with my profile and it
> seems to have associated it with outlook as well.
> Everytime I open up my Messenger Window I can see my
> contacts etc but there is nothing saying "2 new mails"
> or "no new mail" etc.
> This means I am unable to open my hotmail inbox directly
> from messenger which is very annoying. I was hoping
> someone would be able to help me get it back to how it
> used to be.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers.

Greetings Tim,

Are you using Windows Messenger or MSN Messenger? If you're using Windows Messenger in SP2,
the Hotmail functionality was removed. You'll need to either install the previous version of
Windows Messenger (see below) or install MSN Messenger (http://messenger.msn.com/Download):

To downgrade back to Windows Messenger 4.7.2009:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
and use the Add-In here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
Jonathan Kay