Drop down menu with Email addresses for messenger sign in

November 26, 2004 2:35:07 PM

I would like to know if there is an option that allows you to disable the
drop down menu with various email addresses, if you sign in with different
email addresses.
For example, I have more than one passport and sometimes other people will
use my computer, and when I go to sign on to MSN Messenger it will provide
the dropdown menu with all the various users that signed on from my computer.
I want to stop that. I don't want the drop down menu.
I am using XP right now.
Is it possible to do this?
Thank you.
Anonymous
November 27, 2004 2:00:47 AM

Greetings,

To stop this behavior, simply download and run the following .reg file:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/disablenetcr...

You'll need to reboot to see the change.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"AK" <AK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to know if there is an option that allows you to disable the
> drop down menu with various email addresses, if you sign in with different
> email addresses.
> For example, I have more than one passport and sometimes other people will
> use my computer, and when I go to sign on to MSN Messenger it will provide
> the dropdown menu with all the various users that signed on from my computer.
> I want to stop that. I don't want the drop down menu.
> I am using XP right now.
> Is it possible to do this?
> Thank you.
Anonymous