Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

My hotmail freezes, ever since hotmail added 250mb to
everybodys account mine freezes. But my accounts on both
hotmail and msn freezes as soon as I log on. And the only
way out is to go to windows task manaager and end task,
even than it take a minute or two too end. Also my cpu
usage is wigging out, it jumps from about 5 to 20% to 80
to 100% on each check, looks like a heart beat. Its
driving me up a wall, I have done a msconfig, and
unclicked about every item in there, but it continues. I
have done a virus scan, and a ad-aware, both finding
nothing.... What is it please help. And by the way I'm
running XP pro... Thanks

For those who still have problems with Hotmail and that
have MSN Messenger on thier computer...

Go in Tools > Internet Options>

Click on "Security", select "Internet" and then "Custom
Level"
Searche for "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" and
disable it.

Disabling this will prevent Hotmail from showing the MSN
Messenger status near your email adress on your hotmail
account. If it is disabled, MSN Messenger wont be asked
to run which is most-likely the cause of the problem.

Try it and tell if it works. It worked for me and I want
to see if it can work for other people. Thx !

worked for me- thanks. nobody else seems to have a solution, besides
switching browsers.

--
sylv

wrote:
> *Go in Tools > Internet Options>
>
> Click on "Security", select "Internet" and then "Custom
> Level"
> Searche for "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" and
> disable it.
>
> Try it and tell if it works. It worked for me and I want
> to see if it can work for other people. Thx ! *

Yep, it worked for me on Win98 with IE 5.0 and Messenger 6.2.

But why I use this lame configuration? That's another story.

Thanks...

--
MoPPo