How to turn off mssngr...need help

I realize most of you here are into real time chats, but
this MS program drives me nuts every time I use my dial
up to get on the internet or boot up my pc. How do I
turn off messenger start up in XP?

Thanks In Advanve

Alan

Greetings Alan,

To disable Windows Messenger, open it up (click Start, then Run, type "msmsgs" and click OK),
click Tools, Options, Preferences tab and uncheck 'Run this Program when Windows starts' or
'Run Windows Messenger when Windows starts' (depending on version) as well as 'Allow this
program to run in the background' or 'Allow Windows Messenger to run in the background'
(depending on version). This won't remove Windows Messenger, so features like Remote
Assistance, Whiteboard and Application Sharing will continue to work, but it will let it stay
out of your way.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"agram" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I realize most of you here are into real time chats, but
> this MS program drives me nuts every time I use my dial
> up to get on the internet or boot up my pc. How do I
> turn off messenger start up in XP?
>
> Thanks In Advanve
>
> Alan

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks so much for your time and help!! I appreciate the
assistance

Alan

Jonathan Kay.

>"agram" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>>I realize most of you here are into real time chats, but
>> this MS program drives me nuts every time I use my dial
>> up to get on the internet or boot up my pc. How do I
>> turn off messenger start up in XP?
>>
>> Thanks In Advanve
>>
>> Alan
>

>.