S10 as web cam

I'm running XP, as is the person I'm trying to contact.
Ran the tuning wizard which set up sound, but it does get
to video set up. I need for messenger to recognize the
camera. I am aware of Actions...Start Camera feature.
Camera has connector to download pictures and video out.
The computer recognizes the camera to download pictures
using USB connector.
1 answer Last reply
More about tomshardware

    Ken

    Unless the camera was supplied with software that enables its use as a
    webcam, you are out of luck.. the Canon S10 is NOT a webcam.. go to your
    local computer store and buy one.. they are cheap enough..

    Mike Hall

    "Ken" <kencolamarino@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm running XP, as is the person I'm trying to contact.
    > Ran the tuning wizard which set up sound, but it does get
    > to video set up. I need for messenger to recognize the
    > camera. I am aware of Actions...Start Camera feature.
    > Camera has connector to download pictures and video out.
    > The computer recognizes the camera to download pictures
    > using USB connector.

Cameras Messenger Windows XP