Cant Get MSN Msger 6.2 to Link with MS Outlook Express

before i was running on Win98 SE.. i also had MS Outlook
express.. whenever i would open up outlook.. all the ppl
that i had in my msn msger would TURN up in my contacts
section of outlook..
i found that very convienant because, since msn msger can
only use the persons emial and nick name that person is
use and not personalized names.. so in outlook JOHN DOE
would pop up in the contacts section of outlook letting
me no exactly who that person is..

and now.. i had to format my hard drive.. installed WinXP
Pro.. now i am not able to link the msn msger 6.2's
contacts with my outlook contacts.. i trird goin thru the
outlook menus to fix the prob.. i even tried doin what u
guys suggested on this web site..
outlook progrma... tools.. options.. general tab then put
a check mark on "automatically log on to msn msger"..
that part i am missing.. i have no idea y..
could it be i might have uninstalled windwos msger?.. i
installed MS service pack 2..
if someone can help me on this.. i would really
appreciate it...
my emial is pimpek@hotmail.com
thanks
Anto
3 answers Last reply
More about cant msger link outlook express

    Greetings Anto,

    This is actually by design; MSN Messenger 6.x will not integrate with Outlook Express on
    Windows XP. If you want this functionality, you will need to use Windows Messenger.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Anto B." <pimpek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > before i was running on Win98 SE.. i also had MS Outlook
    > express.. whenever i would open up outlook.. all the ppl
    > that i had in my msn msger would TURN up in my contacts
    > section of outlook..
    > i found that very convienant because, since msn msger can
    > only use the persons emial and nick name that person is
    > use and not personalized names.. so in outlook JOHN DOE
    > would pop up in the contacts section of outlook letting
    > me no exactly who that person is..
    >
    > and now.. i had to format my hard drive.. installed WinXP
    > Pro.. now i am not able to link the msn msger 6.2's
    > contacts with my outlook contacts.. i trird goin thru the
    > outlook menus to fix the prob.. i even tried doin what u
    > guys suggested on this web site..
    > outlook progrma... tools.. options.. general tab then put
    > a check mark on "automatically log on to msn msger"..
    > that part i am missing.. i have no idea y..
    > could it be i might have uninstalled windwos msger?.. i
    > installed MS service pack 2..
    > if someone can help me on this.. i would really
    > appreciate it...
    > my emial is pimpek@hotmail.com
    > thanks
    > Anto

    hi there jonathan.. thanks for takin the time to
    respond.. i appreciate it...
    are there any plans to integrate msn msger 6.x with
    outlook at all?..
    ive tried usin windows msg.. and msn msger.. and i find
    that msn msger has more options than windows msger..
    i didnt nkow that.. it worked in win98.. but i guess not
    on xp.. bummer..

    Jonathan Kay.

    >"Anto B." <pimpek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> before i was running on Win98 SE.. i also had MS
    Outlook
    >> express.. whenever i would open up outlook.. all the
    ppl
    >> that i had in my msn msger would TURN up in my contacts
    >> section of outlook..
    >> i found that very convienant because, since msn msger
    can
    >> only use the persons emial and nick name that person is
    >> use and not personalized names.. so in outlook JOHN DOE
    >> would pop up in the contacts section of outlook letting
    >> me no exactly who that person is..
    >>
    >> and now.. i had to format my hard drive.. installed
    WinXP
    >> Pro.. now i am not able to link the msn msger 6.2's
    >> contacts with my outlook contacts.. i trird goin thru
    the
    >> outlook menus to fix the prob.. i even tried doin what
    >> guys suggested on this web site..
    >> outlook progrma... tools.. options.. general tab then
    put
    >> a check mark on "automatically log on to msn msger"..
    >> that part i am missing.. i have no idea y..
    >> could it be i might have uninstalled windwos msger?.. i
    >> installed MS service pack 2..
    >> if someone can help me on this.. i would really
    >> appreciate it...
    >> my emial is pimpek@hotmail.com
    >> thanks
    >> Anto
    >

    >.

    Hi,

    There are none (in the near future) that I'm aware of.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

MSN Outlook Outlook Express Windows XP