Unidentified Direct Connect Number

Last response: in Network Providers
July 15, 2005 9:32:29 PM

Is there a way to track a direct connect number to the person when one
comes up User Unknown? I have recieved a couple of these and when I
answer back no one answers and I'd like to know who it is? :ah:

--
Mokey69
July 16, 2005 6:11:09 AM

Mokey69 Wrote:
> Is there a way to track a direct connect number to the person when one
> comes up User Unknown? I have recieved a couple of these and when I
> answer back no one answers and I'd like to know who it is? :ah:

Not much you can do yourself. Needs intervention from NEXTEL and/or
Motorola. When a phone registers with a tower for the first time after
a hard reset/initial start-up, the phone's IMEI number gets shot up to
the tower in the start-up connection and compared with an IMSI number
at the tower that's assigned to your unit via a T1 feed at the tower
provided by Reston (these are cross-referenced creating the
Authentication Ki [key]). When the Ki is established and the service
is unlocked/gateway opened for your phone, the phone is instantly
assigned a TMEI (a temporary rotating IMEI number) for security
purposes to protect your IMEI from cloning by using the TMEI instead to
aid in hand-offs to other towers. It is this process that NEXTEL and/or
Motorola would have to decode. If the user has chosen to block his/her
DC number, you would have to trace back to the IMEI of the unit by
backtracking everything I just mentioned above. iDEN is a very secure
and sophisticated TDMA derivitive that is hard to break the code for
without such intervention. Even government agencies need such help in
wiretaps.

--
KE4QPF