Can I Hardwire USB Printer to a Linksys Wireless Router?

I have an external Cable modem that I want to connect to a
wireless router which will run an 802.11g equipped laptop. A
cheap USB printer will be located next to the wireless router and
I would like to make a hard wire connection from the printer to
the router. I would appreciate the recommendation of a suitable
Linksys wireless router, with a port for the printer, with
encryptation, etc., and good wireless range. A couple of extra
RJ-45 NIC ports on the wireless router, to hard wire other
computers, would be nice. Reasonably expensive is OK.

Thanks,
John
2 answers Last reply
More about hardwire printer linksys wireless router

    John <john@nospam.net> wrote in news:2atge092nb3jdo165htfn5pgducsl10qts@
    4ax.com:

    > I would like to make a hard wire connection from the printer to
    > the router

    Unless your router has a USB printer port... you can't do this.

    Dlink has a router with a USB print server. Otherwise you can get a stand-
    alone USB print server from Linksys which u can then hook up to your router
    through an ethernet cable or wireless.

    --
    Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:21:15 GMT, Lucas Tam
    <REMOVEnntp@rogers.com> wrote:

    >John <john@nospam.net> wrote in news:2atge092nb3jdo165htfn5pgducsl10qts@
    >4ax.com:
    >
    >> I would like to make a hard wire connection from the printer to
    >> the router
    >
    >Unless your router has a USB printer port... you can't do this.
    >
    >Dlink has a router with a USB print server. Otherwise you can get a stand-
    >alone USB print server from Linksys which u can then hook up to your router
    >through an ethernet cable or wireless.

    Thanks, Lucas. As per your Dlink suggestion, Dl-824VUP router
    ($145-$190) has an USB print server port. So I will use that
    one.

    John

Wireless Router Printers Wireless Networking