MSI K7 Master Onboardsound/Audigy conflict

G

I'm having issues with my MSI K7master motherboard (AMD760) and my soundblaster Audigy card. Whenever i have the card in my pc and go to run a game, it crashes *not a specific thing or game that causes it, just happens whenver it feels like crashing) Now i figured it was an issue with the onboard sound, the board has the VIA686 southbridge chip and that has the AC97 onboard sound. I already had it disabled in the BIOS and the jumpers on the Mobo are set to disabled. It keeps trying to install the drivers for some part of the onboard sound, which i'm assuming is conflicting with my audigy and thus causes the system crashes. If i take the audigy out, my pc is stable, put it back in, it crashes. here's my setup
Windows XP Pro (all updates as of yesterday)
Athlon 1.4ghz T-bird
MSI K7 Master (AMD760)
512megs PC2100
Visiontek Geforce 3 (23.11 det4's)
SB Audigy (ADGXPupdate)
Linksys NIC
2x Maxtor Hd's

Yes i have switched PCI slots and have doubled checked that the onboard sound is completely disabled. I'm stumped and i REALLY like the audigy card but can't have it in my system and be able to use it reliably.

Frankie

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2001
Don't take this the wrong way, but are you sure you've turned off the sound in all parts of the bios? I had a similar problem (couldn't get rid of ac97) on my board (MS6330) and eventually found it enabled in another part of the bios. Check the advanced chipset features menu or something along those lines!

Hope this helps

Frankie

G

it's in the Integrated perhipials, there is the option to disable the onboard sound, and the optoin to disable the legacy audio support, both are set to disabled and the jumper on my mobo is set on disabled as well, i'll check in advanced options but i dont think it's in there

G

and yes, i double and triple checked for other instances for me to disable hte onboard sound, none outside of the integrated perhipials menu, i appreciate the suggestion though, any other suggestions ppl?