Connecting to another computer for a conversation

Hi there

Can you help please?
I can have a instant message dialogue with my daughter
but when we try to move to a conversation it does not
work. In the lower rh corner it indicates that my
computer id trying to 'trying to connect' then after
about a minute it says her computer has ended the
convesation. I can connect with ther computers for
convesations

Ann Roberts

Greetings Ann,

Since it works for you to other computers, more than likely the problem is on your daughter's
end. If she's using any sort of corporate network or university network, this type of
communication may be blocked. Also, if she's using some type of router or internet sharing
device, the device in question will need to support Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) in order
for voice conversations to be established.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Ann Roberts" <ann@consciousdevelopment.org> wrote in message
> Hi there
>
> Can you help please?
> I can have a instant message dialogue with my daughter
> but when we try to move to a conversation it does not
> work. In the lower rh corner it indicates that my
> computer id trying to 'trying to connect' then after
> about a minute it says her computer has ended the
> convesation. I can connect with ther computers for
> convesations
>
> Ann Roberts

Dear Jonathan

Have asked her to enquire at the Uni to see if there is a
block.

Many thanks

Ann

Jonathan Kay.

>"Ann Roberts" <ann@consciousdevelopment.org> wrote in
message
>> Hi there
>>
>> Can you help please?
>> I can have a instant message dialogue with my daughter
>> but when we try to move to a conversation it does not
>> work. In the lower rh corner it indicates that my
>> computer id trying to 'trying to connect' then after
>> about a minute it says her computer has ended the
>> convesation. I can connect with ther computers for
>> convesations
>>
>> Ann Roberts
>

>.

Hi Ann,

Yeah, figured she was at Uni. To add, you might try using Skype instead (www.skype.com) as
it has a better way of getting through such blocks.

Also Yahoo Messenger's audio functions can be helpful (http://messenger.yahoo.com).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert