Unwanted & Uninvited contacts

Jonathan Hi!

Sometimes an unwanted &/or un-invited contact is made on
MSN Messenger. Whilst I am aware that you can 'BLOCK"
that contact - when you do - that contact is added your
Messenger contact list anyway. It gets rather tiresome to
hit the 'cancel' button every time you log in to avoid
adding an unwanted contact.

Surely if programs such as ICQ & others, give the option
to decline adding a contact without reason - it would be
logical to assume that Messenger & MSN Messenger can be
programmed to do the same. I think it should be
considered in future versions of the program.

--
GaRRyC
Sydney Australia

Hi,

I think msn does let you choose who to add or decline.

Tools -> Options -> Privacy Tab -> "Alert me when other
people add me to their contact list"

Hi,

That will just allow them to automatically add themselves to your allow list; not the
behavior most people want.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

> Hi,
>
> I think msn does let you choose who to add or decline.
>
> Tools -> Options -> Privacy Tab -> "Alert me when other
> people add me to their contact list"

Greetings GarryC,

Yes, anyone that adds you goes on the "Reverse List" (the "User has added you to their
contact list" dialog) and then needs to be moved to either the Allow List or Blocked List
(and you also get the option of added the contact to the Forward List aka the main contact
list.

This is just the way Messenger was designed, changing the fundamental design of Messenger is
somewhat difficult now since there's dozens of Messenger clients that depend on this way of
functioning.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert