Win XP, VIA KT133 chipset and AGP. HEEELP!

Dystopian

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2002
My MoBo is an Aopen AK33, with the VIA KT133 chipset. It runs with a T-bird 750 processor and 512 Megs of RAM.

I have Win XP Pro as my operating sys, and have recently discovered that my spanking new GeForce3 card is running in "Pci-Mode". Obviously, I have been trying for the last few days to get win XP to recognize the presence of my AGP-port, using walkthroughs from forums and any new drivers I could find (the VIA 4 in 1, which didn't work even when I forced the installer to Win2000 mode and installed the AGP driver, and NVidias 23.11 driver set). None of this has worked. My system is otherwise stable and I have no real problems with my GF3 card, but it just does'nt feel right having an AGP-card running in Pci-mode... Through my studies in other forums, I've discovered that this seems to be a problem somewhere between Win XP and VIA's KT133 chipset.

Any help would be received with great thanks.

Reach me at ICQ 136506042 if you want to try and help me "real-time".

Dystopian

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2002
"Desktop Properties" - "Settings" - "Advanced" - "Geforce3 Ti500". Under "Bustype" it says AGP (pci-mode)

This concurs with "Adapter" - "Properties", where it says "Location: PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0"

Plus, I've been in the Hardware Manager, and it shows no sign whatsoever of AGP...