email address

I just built a new computer and somehow messenger is using an email
address that I don't want. How does one change the email address that
messenger uses?
Thanks
Jim
2 answers Last reply
More about email address

    Greetings Jim,

    To change your default .NET Passport, click Start, then Control Panel, then User Accounts,
    click the current Windows XP account that you're logged in under, then click "Change my .NET
    Passport", choose the "Use a Different Passport" button and then go through the wizard to set
    up the correct Passport e-mail.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Jim Woodward" <jimwoodward1937@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >I just built a new computer and somehow messenger is using an email address that I don't
    >want. How does one change the email address that messenger uses?
    > Thanks
    > Jim

    I did this and used my hotmail address, but when I use windows
    messenger, it sends me to my usual email address, not the hotmail address.
    Thanks,
    Jim

    Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
    > Greetings Jim,
    >
    > To change your default .NET Passport, click Start, then Control Panel, then User Accounts,
    > click the current Windows XP account that you're logged in under, then click "Change my .NET
    > Passport", choose the "Use a Different Passport" button and then go through the wizard to set
    > up the correct Passport e-mail.
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Jim Woodward" <jimwoodward1937@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>I just built a new computer and somehow messenger is using an email address that I don't
    >>want. How does one change the email address that messenger uses?
    >>Thanks
    >>Jim

Messenger Email Microsoft Windows XP