email address

I just built a new computer and somehow messenger is using an email
address that I don't want. How does one change the email address that
messenger uses?
Thanks
Jim

Greetings Jim,

To change your default .NET Passport, click Start, then Control Panel, then User Accounts,
click the current Windows XP account that you're logged in under, then click "Change my .NET
Passport", choose the "Use a Different Passport" button and then go through the wizard to set
up the correct Passport e-mail.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Jim Woodward" <jimwoodward1937@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>I just built a new computer and somehow messenger is using an email address that I don't
>want. How does one change the email address that messenger uses?
> Thanks
> Jim

I did this and used my hotmail address, but when I use windows
messenger, it sends me to my usual email address, not the hotmail address.
Thanks,
Jim