Best Buy posts $99 HTC Flyer Tablet..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Device Unknown

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
They had it listed for $99. So i take my happy ass down their only to be told it was a "misprint" I was PISSED. I would have threatened "false advertising" law suit butit would have just been a bluff. I am not litigious.

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
I always thought (From my time in retail) even if you accidentally put it in an advertisement then you must uphold the deal.

Or you could just lie about prices on flyers and when people show up just say it was a misprint.

I got a packet of retic parts from Bunnings at the price they advertised by mistake once ... thehonoured the stated price.

Mind you it was only $4.94 ... instead of $14.95.

I keep shopping there as a consequence ... plus they allow returns with no questions asked.

I got 2 golden cane plants there yesterday for $4.79 and they are normally $19.95 each.

Man I am really babbling ... somebody just slap me !!

:)

nordlead

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011

If it is "obvious" to the average person that it was a mistake then it isn't false advertising. So 99 instead of 299, or 29.99 instead of 59.99 are both easy mistakes with a num-pad and should be fairly obvious to the average consumer. Most people who try to take advantage of these mistakes already know what the normal retail price is. But something like saying it is 149.99 instead of the normal 159.99 is hard to tell if it is a sale or mistake and that could fall under false advertising. Also, if the ad said it was a clearance, then it would be harder to argue that it is a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.