Double click not opening files on Mac

Ok just put a wireless router on my mac's modem, so my buddy can access from his pc in the other room. Now, when I double click ANY icon/file on the Mac, it does not open it, but the side pop up menu does appear, then when I click "open" from there, the file or icon's file will open normally. I just want the file to open on double click like b4. I tried mouse click speed in all directions... did nothing. All dock icons are doing this...and once i get to the internet the same thing happens within the browser when I double click on anything, so it's not just a dock thing. ??????
5 answers Last reply
More about double click opening files
  1. Make sure you haven't reversed the action of the mouse buttons (in System Preferences). It sounds like you are right-clicking when you think you are left-clicking.
  2. This mouse doesn't have a right/left button...it's just one big clicker. One of those weird Mac wireless jobs
  3. Do you mean the Magic Mouse? That can certainly act as a two-button mouse depending upon how it is configured. Check if you have "Secondary click" enabled.
  4. If you haven't already checked make sure you don't have primary mouse button set as "right".
  5. compdummy said:
    Ok just put a wireless router on my mac's modem, so my buddy can access from his pc in the other room. Now, when I double click ANY icon/file on the Mac, it does not open it, but the side pop up menu does appear, then when I click "open" from there, the file or icon's file will open normally. I just want the file to open on double click like b4. I tried mouse click speed in all directions... did nothing. All dock icons are doing this...and once i get to the internet the same thing happens within the browser when I double click on anything, so it's not just a dock thing. ??????

Go to your System Preferences > Accessibility > Change take your double click speed OFF OF THE FASTEST.
Ask a new question

Read More

Wireless Router Macintosh Mac OS X