MSI 645ultra and lots of errors!!!!

G

Hi I just Built a new system and I'm having lots of problems.I can't seem to get thru to MSI tech support so thats why I'm posting here. I keep getting errors when I try to install games "Giants,Aquanox", one error is "setup caused an error in setup.exe". Another is Sometimes when I am using internet explorer,any version, my system just locks up unexpectedly, happens quite frequently. Sometimes happens when just opening any program???
I have no Conflicts listed in device manager.I have updated all the drivers for all my hardware and still having probs.I have tried every Bios upgrade for my mobo, ver. 1.1 thru 1.4,makes no differance, although ver.1.1 seems most stable which is what I am curently running. I've Even Reset Cmos on Mobo and formatted my hardrive and did a complete re-install of Windows ME. I've also tried a different dvd drive and cables. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SYSTEM SPECS.
MSI 654 ultra revision 1 MOBO
Intel 1.8Ghz P4 cpu
256mb Hynix PC2400 266-DDR, HY5DU28822AT-H
Sony DVD-rom DDU-1621
IBM 40gb 60gxp IC35l040AVER070 Hard Drive
Gainward GF3 Ti 200
Avance AC97 onboard sound
Envision EN-910 19" monitor
NIC-Diamond Multimedia- Homefree Phoneline 10mb PCi adapter
Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse
Logitech Keyboard
Logitech Wingman 3D digital extreme joystick
Sandisk USB Imagemate SDDR-31
OS- Windows ME

Thanks in advance, CCarver.

G

well i just wanna try to help you, this kind of problem is normally caused by rams, it's either your DDR module acting up and causing the instability( thus the error ) or your CPU cache. are you overclocking the CPU ? if yes try lowering the FSB , or pumping up the Vcore. check the bus speed that the DDR ram is running at. lower those or use higher DDR module voltage . all these settings are in the bios or jumpers on the mobo. if you're not overclocking then try resloting the DDR module. if can get other DDR module to test or CPU to test if any is defective

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
if i remember correctly...the 645 ultra supports PC2100/PC2700 ram....you have PC2400 ram in your system.
that shouldnt be the problem though if you have your system running at PC2100 speeds.
then again it could be win me....
try 98 se or 2k or even xp.

:mad: <A HREF="http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2096468" target="_new">P4 + SDRAM</A> = <b>BAD</b> :mad:

G

It doesnt even run right on all the normal and safe Bios settings. Right now I'm running my CPU fsb at 100mhz and Memory bus is at 200mhz, still locks up frequently. Oh by the way thanks for responding guys!

CCarver.

G

OK, I'm getting an error message from PC alert III now, My error message log says-

TIME__________________ERROR MESSAGE_______________VALUE

1\12\2002_________-5v VOLTAGE ABNORMAL!!____________0.816

Can someone tell me what this actually means??????