messenger 6.2 , no audio

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I know this topic has been discussed extensively but after reading all the
post and folloiwng the tips I am still unable to have an audio converstions

I have windows professional with sp2 installed. I use a smc 7004abr router
and I have enabled UPnP in the firewall xp settings. On the fire wall
exceptions I have given an exception to UPnP.

I am unable to have any voice communication. I had to upgrade from ver4,7
because I could not get into the hotmail account.

In version 4.7 I was able to use voice with the following procedure
enable proxy server port 80 and Ip address for router

I would be very greatful if anyone could point me to some items I may be
missing or some other procedures I might try

Thanks in advance

Bob

ronald

Try version 7.0 (BETA) everything works oke now, afther installing this version

"bob" wrote:

> I know this topic has been discussed extensively but after reading all the
> post and folloiwng the tips I am still unable to have an audio converstions
>
> I have windows professional with sp2 installed. I use a smc 7004abr router
> and I have enabled UPnP in the firewall xp settings. On the fire wall
> exceptions I have given an exception to UPnP.
>
> I am unable to have any voice communication. I had to upgrade from ver4,7
> because I could not get into the hotmail account.
>
> In version 4.7 I was able to use voice with the following procedure
> enable proxy server port 80 and Ip address for router
>
> I would be very greatful if anyone could point me to some items I may be
> missing or some other procedures I might try
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Bob

Hi Ronald,

Yes there are some new connectivity additions to v7, however both sides should be using v7 to
take advantage of them.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert