Beta MSN Messenger 7.0

ronald

Is 't correct that i cannot find the option remote help in this beta version.
I use this option often to take over control of my brothers PC.
Please reply.

I searched the msn7 help on keyword "remote" and found this:

Remote Assistance allows one person in a conversation to give permission to
another to take control of their computer to fix problems or change
settings. Remote Assistance cannot take control of a computer without an
invitation from the computer owner.
1.. In the conversation window, and then click the Activities button.
2.. Under My Activities, click Remote Assistance.
After the invitation is accepted and both computers are connected, the
person you have asked for help must click Take Control at the top of the
Remote Assistance window to start using your computer.

3.. To regain control of your computer, press Esc or click Stop Control.
I guess the option is only visible when in conversation with someone

Gerard

ronald

Hello Gerard,

I tried the button Activities, but i only see a message of trying to connect.
It's looks like the service is not running, BETA issue ??

"Ronald" <Ronald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Gerard,
>
> I tried the button Activities, but i only see a message of trying to
> connect.
> It's looks like the service is not running, BETA issue ??

Hi Ronald,

I didn't try it myself, never really used it.

If I find a moment and a victim ill try and let you know

I can imagine that for the it to function correct, you need some settings
for firewall and/or proxy

Can it be that you did setup your firewall for the prev version of MSN, dut
didn't for the beta? Or that your buddy didn'd do so. Same for router/nat
settings of course

Gerard

ronald

Gerard,

My configuration worked fine with Windows Messenger, and MSN messenger 6.2
had some problems with audio conversation.
With the Beta release the audio problems are solved, i use a KPN
modem/router on UPNP, and NAT-options are i believe not necessary.
So Audio and Video are working very well, only activities and games give a
connection screen, and nothing happens.

Ronald