Sign in with
Your question

SOYO DRAGON +

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 12, 2002 2:14:02 AM

I have a soyo dragon + motherboard in my pc case
I have all the IDE devices and AGP Graphics and DDR memory connected to it but i dont have a monitor or a OS but decided to power up my system to see what it does.
It gives one Beep can any one tell what does this mean.

More about : soyo dragon

January 12, 2002 2:43:56 AM

Hi

I had the same problem tonight building my system. One long beep means the memory is not seated right. you can check out the soyo support beep stuff here http://www.soyousa.com/faqs_beeps.html I just pulled this 256M of crucial ddr ram PC2100 from my old system where it worked fine. I tried the ram in all three dimm slots multiple times but still nothing. I am not sure what to do now. maybe a bad board? Maybe the memory got screwed up in the transfer? Anyone else got any ideas?
January 12, 2002 5:21:07 AM

1 short beep mean everything is fine.

<font color=red>Handsome A7V133 looking for long term relationship with a XP CPU. Prefer non smoker.</font color=red> ;) 
Related resources
January 12, 2002 1:43:34 PM

Yes, AndrewT is right about this.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek:  .
January 12, 2002 3:25:44 PM

how do you get one short beep?
January 12, 2002 3:53:48 PM

You can buy one at e-bay. :) 

You get a short beep when you turn on your computer and everything is okay.

<font color=red>Handsome A7V133 looking for long term relationship with a XP CPU. Prefer non smoker.</font color=red> ;) 
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 12, 2002 5:09:20 PM

I was wrong is not one beep is two beeps with 5 seconds in between.
I moved the memory to slot 2 and i get 3 beeps with one second in between. what does this mean.
January 12, 2002 5:44:29 PM

I am broke, new computer and all so I decided to sell my soul on ebay, highest bidder or a trade for one beep.

The Question is how? : )
I love it to beep once and boot up!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jumperjones on 01/12/02 03:01 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
January 12, 2002 6:38:02 PM

With some new systems, I have found that if a monitor is not connected to the video card, it gives an error beep. On a more positive note, all systems beep at least once during their startup, so it could just be a normal boot.

<font color=red>"I'm not gonna launch a $2 million missile at a $10 tent and hit a camel's butt." -Bush</font color=red>
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 13, 2002 2:33:10 AM

I have the same problem. A series of long beeps within a given interval. I also didn't get any video. I checked the soyo.com site and it recommends clearing the CMOS for at least 5 seconds but moving the cap to pin 2 and 3. Afterward, move the cap back to pin 1 and 2. I haven't try it yet. I hope this will clear the issue. Let me know.
!