Cannot login to msn messenger after installing msn explorer

Dear All,

i use windows xp, sp1. after installing msn explorer i
cannot login to messenger. the messsage is (in free
translation) signing in is failed because of wrong
password or user name. If you forgot your psw go ...

When i do so, the internet explorer cannot open any
webpage, related with my .net passport settings. When i
try to get new passport the site also cannot be shown :-(

I also tried from the same computer but different e-mail
address and passport, the result is the same :-(

Some suggestion pls
4 answers Last reply
More about cannot login messenger installing explorer

    Greetings Clayman,

    Try some of the following:
    1. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that
    the time and date are set.
    2. Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
    Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the
    Delete Cookies button.
    3. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
    Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check
    for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL
    3.0' is checked, then click OK.
    4. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
    regsvr32 softpub.dll
    then click OK
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Clayman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Dear All,
    >
    > i use windows xp, sp1. after installing msn explorer i
    > cannot login to messenger. the messsage is (in free
    > translation) signing in is failed because of wrong
    > password or user name. If you forgot your psw go ...
    >
    > When i do so, the internet explorer cannot open any
    > webpage, related with my .net passport settings. When i
    > try to get new passport the site also cannot be shown :-(
    >
    > I also tried from the same computer but different e-mail
    > address and passport, the result is the same :-(
    >
    > Some suggestion pls

    Dear Jonathan!

    All seetings were like you suggested, so i had nothing
    else to do just register the softpub.dll :-)

    Thanks a lot,
    Clayman

    >4. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
    >regsvr32 softpub.dll
    >then click OK

    Hi Clayman,

    You're very welcome =)

    > Dear Jonathan!
    >
    > All seetings were like you suggested, so i had nothing
    > else to do just register the softpub.dll :-)
    >
    > Thanks a lot,
    > Clayman
    >
    >>4. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
    >>regsvr32 softpub.dll
    >>then click OK

    I have had this same problem. I think it's the port
    numbers and the server address and the proxy settings in
    the msn messenger program. What should they be set to?
    Please email me at TheHaytrix@hotmail.com
    Thank you.

Explorer Windows XP