Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Cannot login to msn messenger after installing msn explorer

Tags:
  • Explorer
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
December 7, 2004 5:07:34 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Dear All,

i use windows xp, sp1. after installing msn explorer i
cannot login to messenger. the messsage is (in free
translation) signing in is failed because of wrong
password or user name. If you forgot your psw go ...

When i do so, the internet explorer cannot open any
webpage, related with my .net passport settings. When i
try to get new passport the site also cannot be shown :-(

I also tried from the same computer but different e-mail
address and passport, the result is the same :-(

Some suggestion pls

More about : login msn messenger installing msn explorer

Anonymous
December 7, 2004 10:47:39 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Greetings Clayman,

Try some of the following:
1. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that
the time and date are set.
2. Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the
Delete Cookies button.
3. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check
for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL
3.0' is checked, then click OK.
4. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
regsvr32 softpub.dll
then click OK
____________________________________________
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
Associate Expert
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.

"Clayman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:02d801c4dc44$921c46b0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> Dear All,
>
> i use windows xp, sp1. after installing msn explorer i
> cannot login to messenger. the messsage is (in free
> translation) signing in is failed because of wrong
> password or user name. If you forgot your psw go ...
>
> When i do so, the internet explorer cannot open any
> webpage, related with my .net passport settings. When i
> try to get new passport the site also cannot be shown :-(
>
> I also tried from the same computer but different e-mail
> address and passport, the result is the same :-(
>
> Some suggestion pls
>
>
December 8, 2004 1:38:41 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Dear Jonathan!

All seetings were like you suggested, so i had nothing
else to do just register the softpub.dll :-)

Thanks a lot,
Clayman

>4. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
>regsvr32 softpub.dll
>then click OK
Related resources
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 10:16:22 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Hi Clayman,

You're very welcome =)
____________________________________________
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
Associate Expert
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.

"Clayman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:030d01c4dcf0$8e970460$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> Dear Jonathan!
>
> All seetings were like you suggested, so i had nothing
> else to do just register the softpub.dll :-)
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Clayman
>
>>4. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
>>regsvr32 softpub.dll
>>then click OK
>
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 10:32:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

I have had this same problem. I think it's the port
numbers and the server address and the proxy settings in
the msn messenger program. What should they be set to?
Please email me at TheHaytrix@hotmail.com
Thank you.
>-----Original Message-----
>Dear All,
>
>i use windows xp, sp1. after installing msn explorer i
>cannot login to messenger. the messsage is (in free
>translation) signing in is failed because of wrong
>password or user name. If you forgot your psw go ...
>
>When i do so, the internet explorer cannot open any
>webpage, related with my .net passport settings. When i
>try to get new passport the site also cannot be shown :-(
>
>I also tried from the same computer but different e-mail
>address and passport, the result is the same :-(
>
>Some suggestion pls
>
>
>.
>
!