Win XP messenger will not sign in after update to V5

Hi,
I recently downloaded & upgraded Messenger 4.7 to Messenger 5.
After this Messenger starts up but will not sign in.
The message " Signing in to .Net messenger service failed because the
password is incorrect or the sign in name does not exist"
I know .net is ok as I can sign in through Hotmail etc
I have tried to re install v4.7 but still have the same problem.
Does anyone have a solution?

Many Thanks for any help
Sunbeamti
2 answers Last reply
More about messenger sign update

    Hi :-)

    see this thread: Cannot login to msn messenger after
    installing msn explorer

    Best regards

    Hi Clayman,
    Tried all the suggestions in the thread, even though I have not upgraded to
    MSN. I only ever used the built in windows messenger.
    Does anyone have any other suggestions.
    It looks like I will have to repair windows to get this function back?

    Cheers

    "Clayman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi :-)
    >
    > see this thread: Cannot login to msn messenger after
    > installing msn explorer
    >
    > Best regards

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP