Looking for Dell Plasma TV 4200HD comments

snow

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2004

I am planning to switch to upgrade to HDTV and the Dell
Plasma TV 42" has sparked my interest. I believe it is the model 4200HD. I
am looking for comments on well it performs. How is the HDTV picture
quality? How is the picture quality on non-HDTV channels? Is there any
screen burn issues? What about reliability? I probably will go with Dell's 4
year warranty given the technology is pretty new. Anyways, I have narrowed
my choices right now to the Dell Plasma 42" and the Sony 34" CRT type
television. Though bulky and heavy the Sony TV is noted for a great picture.
But Dell's Plasma interest me as it is fairly compact, and reviews are
pretty good on it, plus I own 3 Dell computers with no issues. Any comments
welcomed.

Just reviewed (very favorably) in Sound and Vision magazine...

http://tinyurl.com/762ut

Tmax60