Task Bar Icons Missing

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Recently I'm noticing that each time a boot up XP Home Edition it decides
not to display certain icons in the task bar. The icons missing always seem
to change randomly. What's up with this? This only happens on my Dell
Inspirion 6000 never on my Dimension 8200 running XP PRO.
3 answers Last reply
More about task icons missing
  1. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Right-click on blank area of task bar > Properties > Hide inactive
    icons

    "Joshua" <krazyassmonkey@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Recently I'm noticing that each time a boot up XP Home Edition it
    > decides not to display certain icons in the task bar. The icons
    > missing always seem to change randomly. What's up with this? This
    > only happens on my Dell Inspirion 6000 never on my Dimension 8200
    > running XP PRO.

    "Joshua" <krazyassmonkey@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Recently I'm noticing that each time a boot up XP Home Edition it decides
    > not to display certain icons in the task bar. The icons missing always
    > seem to change randomly. What's up with this? This only happens on my
    > Dell Inspirion 6000 never on my Dimension 8200 running XP PRO.

    <crosspost transmogrified>

    I wouldn't worry about it. This is the XP 'hide when inactive' function for
    the system tray. In my experience it is only somewhat to moderately
    reliable, but isn't a functional problem so long as your system startup
    isn't loaded with unneeded applications.

    Stew

    Had the same bug a year or so ago, sometimes the icons went missing, Its
    irritating ,
    Disabling SSDP Discovery Service cured it on my pc.
    http://www.tech-pro.net/howto_013.html
    jonny

Dell Microsoft Icons Computers