I CAN'T SIGN IN

Whenever i sign in it says soething about troubleshooting
and error code:81000306 does anyone know how to get rid of
this error?
1 answer Last reply
More about sign

    Greetings Bee,

    Here are some suggestions you should check/try if you haven't already:

    1. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that
    the time and date are set.
    2. If your password information is not saved, verify that you are typing it in with the
    correct case (uppercase or lowercase).
    3. Change your password @ http://memberservicesnet.passport.com/memberservice.srf to
    something smaller (under 10-12 characters), then try signing in again.
    4. If you use a firewall (like ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security etc. ), it's possible
    that Messenger doesn't have the correct rights to access the Internet, especially since you
    upgraded. You may need to re/add Messenger to the allowed list of programs in your firewall
    if this is the case.
    5. If you disabled your firewall in the past, it still may be blocking Messenger -- try
    restarting it and see if that helps the situation. You also might try uninstalling an
    installed firewall, to verify that it isn't causing a problem (even if it is disabled).
    6. Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
    Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the
    Delete Cookies button.
    7. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
    Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check
    for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL
    3.0' is checked, then click OK.
    8. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
    regsvr32 softpub.dll
    then click OK
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "bee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Whenever i sign in it says soething about troubleshooting
    > and error code:81000306 does anyone know how to get rid of
    > this error?

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP