Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Newbie to group.
Kyodai has an option Kumaki - moving blocks to get 3 in a row, which then
drop down. This goes on until there are no more options.
The trouble is that it uses close to 100% cpu constantly so you cannot use
it while waiting for a download or email reply as it slows the my system
(plenty memory and disc space) to a crawl.
Is there a freeware equivalent or similar?

--
Jim
Tyneside UK

Jim Scott skrev:
> Newbie to group.
> Kyodai has an option Kumaki - moving blocks to get 3 in a row, which then
> drop down. This goes on until there are no more options.
> The trouble is that it uses close to 100% cpu constantly so you cannot use
> it while waiting for a download or email reply as it slows the my system
> (plenty memory and disc space) to a crawl.

If you are a registered user of the shareware Kyodai MahJongg, you could
register at it's site (ww.kyodai.com) and get help in the members forums.

> Is there a freeware equivalent or similar?

It's Bejeweled (aka Diamond Mine)-
Look in http://www.caiman.us/

or here: Tile King at
http://www.zac-interactive.dk/

"Candy is Dandy" by Ernest (Amy) Fairchild
http://www.strykersworld.com/candyisdandy.html

RockBlock - http://www.gdsoftware.dk/

About Kumika:
> Kumika is tile-swapping game. It's based on Japanese game "kumikae" which is Japanese and means "recombination". The board is filled with tiles of different colours. You can swap places of two tiles and create rows containing three or more tiles which will be destroyed. Tiles will fall down and new tiles always appear to the top. So the table doesn't actually never get empty. You just try to keep playing as long as possible. This is little a bit minus side in this game, it doesn't give you the feeling that you actually achieve something.

regards from vegard

--
Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

http://vegard2.no -
Solitaire MahJongg guide, Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire,
Freeware Logo & symbol, Halma & Chinese Checkers,
Pachisi & Ludo, Freeware Solitaire, My fishy site (fishing
games), a.c.f.g information, Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb
18+ sites: Firefoxy, Adult Solitaire, Fishy Pictures,
Sexy Chess, Sexy Librarians, Sexy Football

Mel

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Bejeweled isnt freeware, you can only play it for an hour and after that you
cant play it at all...

Mel skrev:
> Bejeweled isnt freeware, you can only play it for an hour and after that you
> cant play it at all...

I didn't say it was freeware.

--

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 11:34:07 +0200, Petersen, Vegard Krog wrote:

> Mel skrev:
>> Bejeweled isnt freeware, you can only play it for an hour and after that you
>> cant play it at all...
>
> I didn't say it was freeware.

Thank you whatever the ware.

It's my wife who enjoys such games and of the free ones you suggest "the
colours are too bright" :eek:(
She'll have to go!
--
Jim
Tyneside UK

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

I alt.comp.freeware.games, sa Petersen, Vegard Krog utan att tänka
först:

> Mel skrev:
>> Bejeweled isnt freeware, you can only play it for an hour and after
>> that you cant play it at all...
>
> I didn't say it was freeware.

You did post your message in alt.comp.freeware.games - or didn't you?

--
Arne Anka

<http://starcruiser.dk/kosmos/>

Arne Anka skrev:
> I alt.comp.freeware.games, sa Petersen, Vegard Krog utan att tänka
> först:
>
>>Mel skrev:
>>
>>>Bejeweled isnt freeware, you can only play it for an hour and after
>>>that you cant play it at all...
>>
>>I didn't say it was freeware.
>
> You did post your message in alt.comp.freeware.games - or didn't you?

Here we go again, Anka... sigh. Did you really read what I wrote at all?

I referenced to the game he was asking for as a 'Bejeweled (aka Diamond
Mine)' type of game, nothing more.

And pointed the OP to several freeware games.

regards from vegard

--

Jim Scott wrote:
> Newbie to group.
> Kyodai has an option Kumaki - moving blocks to get 3 in a row, which then
> drop down. This goes on until there are no more options.
> The trouble is that it uses close to 100% cpu constantly so you cannot use
> it while waiting for a download or email reply as it slows the my system
> (plenty memory and disc space) to a crawl.
> Is there a freeware equivalent or similar?

As an alternative, you might want to check out Process Tamer:
http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/proctamer/index.html

"Process Tamer is a tiny (140k) and super efficient utility for Microsoft
Windows XP/2K/NT that runs in your system tray and constantly monitors the
cpu usage of other processes. When it sees a process that is overloading
your cpu, it reduces the priority of that process temporarily, until its cpu
usage returns to a reasonable level.

There are many times when a process will hog your cpu, such as when
converting audio/video files, or working with compressed archives. Because
these processes completely consume the cpu, your system becomes sluggish to
respond and using the computer for other tasks becomes impossible while
these processes are running.

Process Tamer solves this problem by identifying such these degenerate
conditions and temporarily reducing the priority of the offending processes
in order to allow your system to respond to other requests. Stop being a
victim to an overloaded cpu - let Process Tamer keep your system responsive
no matter what you're doing."

HTH

--
Cheers,
Sietse Fliege

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 02:51:24 +0200, Sietse Fliege wrote:

> Jim Scott wrote:
>> Newbie to group.
>> Kyodai has an option Kumaki - moving blocks to get 3 in a row, which then
>> drop down. This goes on until there are no more options.
>> The trouble is that it uses close to 100% cpu constantly so you cannot use
>> it while waiting for a download or email reply as it slows the my system
>> (plenty memory and disc space) to a crawl.
>> Is there a freeware equivalent or similar?
>
> As an alternative, you might want to check out Process Tamer:
> http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/proctamer/index.html

Looks good so far.
Thanks.

--