Rambus Memory for P3 Mobo

G

I dont know much about searching for Hardware with Specific Stuff, but, i just got myself a new Pentium 3 PGA 370 Processor, and 256 Rambus Memory.. The Board i got with it was knackered, so all i got was the parts which i needed (CPU / HD / Memory etc) and put the rest to one side...

But now i need a Motherboard that is for the Socket 370 Pentium 3, which has Rambus memory Support, with Onboard Graphics *NOT* Included (wanna get a GeForce 2) but i wanna keep the cost right down.. so i am looking for a Motherboard *UNDER* £100 (I am from the UK)and is relativly decent.

Does anyone know ANY motherboards at all that go under the Criteria i mentioned? This is very important so i do need Answers quicky

Cheers

pat

Expert
Well, rambus memory for pIII motherboard. The only way to have one will be to build one yourself. Because rambus memory is only for p4. maybe you are talking about DDR memory?

If not, then sell you p3, buy a p4 and motherboard wont be too hard to find, since p4 are the standard intel right now!

->And this is...................ACTION!

G

Hmm, well, i actually have the Board here (but dont know the name of it) but its a Dell Computer, and i asked in a Computer Shop and they said that Rambus was out dated, old, and not many Boards have support for it now (but i now know they where talkin total Cack...)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Asus made quite a few i820 chipset Pentium III boards for Rambus, including dual processor boards, integrated NIC, and integrated SCSI, and these are now inexpensive since being discontinued. The P3C series is Slot 1, but will work with slotkets, and goes for as little as $60 in the U.S.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

G

well, i dont know 100% because i have yet to actualy turn on the Computer (not tested yet - no Monitor and other stuff..) but, i opened the case and took of the CPU Fan and it says this info (not sure whether Frequency is in this..):

Pentium III Phillipines
PGA 370
866/256/1.3/1.7v

----
This any use to you?

G

Hmm, i just had another look in the Motherboards section, and found EXACTLY what i have been looking for, since i started looking.. *A FILTER!! And, unfortunatly, it only sorted ONE Motherboard out for me... which was the Asus CUC2..