Messenger Email

December 14, 2004 2:45:42 AM

Hi,
I am running the latest version of msn messenger on
windows XP service pack 2. Until recently everything was
working fine, however recently in the past couple of
weeks the email notifications have stopped for hotmail
messages.
They work when i first connect to messenger but when i
read the email it still says "1 new mail message". I can
also send to my hotmail account and this message doesnt
change even though there may be more unread messages, no
notification window appears either.
I dont beleive anything has changed since it stopped
working and i have also tried a repair of msn messenger
without any success.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

More about : messenger email

Anonymous
December 14, 2004 3:52:29 PM

Greetings Ryan,

This is actually related to the Hotmail upgrades that are going on, it will correct itself.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Ryan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am running the latest version of msn messenger on
> windows XP service pack 2. Until recently everything was
> working fine, however recently in the past couple of
> weeks the email notifications have stopped for hotmail
> messages.
> They work when i first connect to messenger but when i
> read the email it still says "1 new mail message". I can
> also send to my hotmail account and this message doesnt
> change even though there may be more unread messages, no
> notification window appears either.
> I dont beleive anything has changed since it stopped
> working and i have also tried a repair of msn messenger
> without any success.
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
Anonymous
December 15, 2004 4:25:02 AM