Bring back the SIP support!

cory

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

MSN Messenger is great, Windows Messenger is way behind in
features, but unfortunately I can only use WINDOWS
Messenger to communicate with both my colleagues and my
MSN-based contacts while I'm at work. C'mon, Microsoft,
bring back SIP support in MSN Messenger!! I saw no
mention of it in the MSN Messenger Beta info, and I can't
really expect much of Windows Messenger, which is still
painfully stuck at version 4.7. Any thoughts from anyone
on why this is the case?

Windows Messenger is on V5.1 and supports SIP.

You can download it from here....

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774&DisplayLang=en

HTH
Mike

"Cory" <coryjseaman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> MSN Messenger is great, Windows Messenger is way behind in
> features, but unfortunately I can only use WINDOWS
> Messenger to communicate with both my colleagues and my
> MSN-based contacts while I'm at work. C'mon, Microsoft,
> bring back SIP support in MSN Messenger!! I saw no
> mention of it in the MSN Messenger Beta info, and I can't
> really expect much of Windows Messenger, which is still
> painfully stuck at version 4.7. Any thoughts from anyone
> on why this is the case?

Hi Cory,

MSN Messenger is on a completely different product path, SIP support won't be coming back any
time soon. At this point anyway, that's like asking for Exchange support in MSN Explorer,
it's just not for that segment of the market.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert