Realtek Ethernet Controller not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxLennxx

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
Hi there,

First of all this is not my computer but my friends which I tried installing windows 7 on.

I did a fresh Windows 7 64 bit installation and everything was going fine(besides the BSOD problems about the graphics card which I fixed by renaming nvlddmkm.sys which was the cause of the BSOD) until I tried installing the Ethernet drivers.

Specs:
Gigabyte GA-MA69G-S3H Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 6000+ CPU
4GB 800 DDR2 Memory
585 Watt Power supply
XFX 8800 GTS GPU
2 Seagate Hard drives : 250 GB & 160GB

Windows doesn't even detect the adapter even though its onboard. I've tried installing the drivers from the original dvd (and in compatible and as administrator) with no luck. I also tried downloading the latest lan drivers from http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2554&dl=1#dl but it still didn't work. I got a deep sleep error or something.(Which I couldn't resolve cause Theres nothing in network connections, not even the 1394 connection which is also turned on in the bios)

No it does not show in device manager under Network adapters.. actually there isn't even a network adapter subcategory unless I click show hidden devices(which has multiple devices then but no network controller). The only driver with a question mark is the graphics card driver which I will try to install after I get the Ethernet adapter working.

Microsoft did say its 64 bit compatible ( http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/Windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Gigabyte%20GA-MA69G-S3H%20ATX%20AMD%20690G%20Motherboard&v=Gigabyte&uid=GA-MA69G-S3H&l=en-US&pf=8&pi=8&c=Graphics%20Cards%20%26%20Components&sc=Other%20Components&os=64-bit&vd=all ) so I don't know what to do.

I Did check the settings in the bios to see if everything with network was enabled and whatnot.. I also tried resetting everything in the bios to default settings with no luck.

Out of desperation tried adding the device manually through device manager (action>add Legacy hardware>manually>network adapters>have disk..) I tried this with the latest drivers I got from gigabytes website but it didn't even show a device, so I tried the original drivers from the mobo dvd which gave 3 devices.. I tried them all.. each time reinstalling the latest drivers and whatnot to no avail.

I'm Thinking of trying to use the windows 64 bit repair disk seeing as it might be software related seeing as it doesn't even show the firewire adapter

Any other suggestion would be very much appreciated. Help ASAP. Thanks in advance

xxLennxx

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
Yeah I tried.. when I opened it, it was blank like it didn't detect anything.
Lan cable is good, I tested a few others just in case as well. The only weird thing is the fact that when I open adapter settings(network connections) its totally blank. It doesn't even make a highlight box when I drag with left click. It does however give me a right click menu(not that this changes anything)

I want to try avoid another format or buying an extra network adapter. Maybe one of the windows updates can fix this, but the problem is I can't update without internet which requires ethernet. Maybe there's a way to download the updates with another computer? (not sure never tried/googled this)

Thanks anyway das

xxLennxx

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
I installed the chipset drivers but they were only sata drivers. I wanted to update the bios but I havn't done that before so its a little risky. I'll do that over the weekend

phillepino

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011

I have already tried this, and it seems to not install successfully.

Apparently, the adapter is in "deep sleep mode." Which disables me to install it.

It's pretty retarded how they did that to be honest, because I can't even install it to begin with!

phillepino

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011

What exactly are we changing?

It seems like nobody really knows what to do. I have searched endlessly on the internet and everyone just bought a separate ethernet card instead.

SKJoy2001

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Experiencing the same problem! Windows 7 Ultimate x64 doesn't detect the NIC, no blinking on the NIC port, WOL disabled in BIOS, NIC enabled in BIOS, cable is alright.

Did you manage a solution yet? Please let us know how to fix it.

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R;
Processor: Intel Core i7 920;
RAM: 2x3 GB DDR3
PSU: ThermalTek 875 Watt;

Status
Not open for further replies.