what to choose ?? please help :-)

Coitus

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2002
Hi, i am about to buy a AMD XP 1700 + processor, but i really cant decide which Motherboard... right now i am thinking about the Abit KG 7 and the Asus A7V266-E... but it is really hard to compare the two boards...

Which one are the best... ???

one more thing i know the abit kg7 uses both some via chip and the amd 761 chip, what does it mean ?? that it have good things from both the chipsets ???

Or are there even something better ???
hmm and how big is the difference really... it could seem big in the test .. but is it more than like 1/1000 of a second or something ...

but please help me to decide... as i cant really compare the tests on this site with eachother :-/

FatBurger

Illustrious
I'd get either the Abit KR7a-RAID or the MSI K7T266 Pro2-RU.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

Coitus

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2002
ohhh thans i havent seen the Abit KR7A ATX in any tests...
it looks very good and with a 133 ata controller thingy :)

thanks

is it just as good as the asus mobo ???

FatBurger

Illustrious
Only the KR7a-<font color=red>RAID</font color=red> has the ATA133, the non-RAID version does not.

The Asus board isn't very good overall, but it has an overheat protection scheme.

The MSI has USB2.0 (as long as there is a -RU or -U after the name, U stands for USB2.0), which is why I mentioned it.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>