Dimension 8200 memory

Hi,
I have an old Dell dimension 8200, 1.8 MHz, with 256 meg of the RDram
memory, I would like to add more memory and use it as a second networked PC
running windows xp. The Rdram prices are ridiculous.

Can anyone tell me if I can just use Sdram or Dram in the pc. Performance is
not critical.

ZSO

"ZSO" <zso@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have an old Dell dimension 8200, 1.8 MHz, with 256 meg of the RDram
> memory, I would like to add more memory and use it as a second networked
> PC
> running windows xp. The Rdram prices are ridiculous.
>
> Can anyone tell me if I can just use Sdram or Dram in the pc. Performance
> is
> not critical.
>
> ZSO

No you can't.

"Chuckles The Scary Clown" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

> "ZSO" <zso@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I have an old Dell dimension 8200, 1.8 MHz, with 256 meg of the RDram
> > memory, I would like to add more memory and use it as a second networked
> > PC
> > running windows xp. The Rdram prices are ridiculous.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me if I can just use Sdram or Dram in the pc.
Performance
> > is
> > not critical.
> >
> > ZSO
> >

> No you can't.

Can I remove the rdram and got with all sram or dram?

> "Chuckles The Scary Clown" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
>>
>> "ZSO" <zso@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > I have an old Dell dimension 8200, 1.8 MHz, with 256 meg of the RDram
>> > memory, I would like to add more memory and use it as a second
>> > networked
>> > PC
>> > running windows xp. The Rdram prices are ridiculous.
>> >
>> > Can anyone tell me if I can just use Sdram or Dram in the pc.
> Performance
>> > is
>> > not critical.
>> >
>> > ZSO
>> >

>> No you can't.
>>

> Can I remove the rdram and got with all sram or dram?

No. your machine will only accept RDram. No other choice.

> "ZSO" <zso@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Chuckles The Scary Clown" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "ZSO" <zso@comcast.net> wrote in message

>> Performance

>>> No you can't.
>>>

>> Can I remove the rdram and got with all sram or dram?
>>

> No. your machine will only accept RDram. No other choice.

2 x 128mb RIMMs = $117.00 + tax and shipping retail.

Got my last pair (new and unopened) on ebay for $65 (still too expensive,
but more tolerable).

Stew

ZSO wrote:

> Hi,
> I have an old Dell dimension 8200, 1.8 MHz, with 256 meg of the RDram
> memory, I would like to add more memory and use it as a second networked PC
> running windows xp. The Rdram prices are ridiculous.
>
> Can anyone tell me if I can just use Sdram or Dram in the pc. Performance is
> not critical.

Absolutely not.