4 drives set to master ?? soyo dragon ultra

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
is this possible
ok I am getting a new p-IV mobo today via fedex my question is this .. it is a soyo dragon ultra with onboard hipoint RAID I don't really need a raid array so I am thinking of setting it up like this... yamaha 2100ez cdrw burner as master on ide 1, sony 52 x cdrom master ide 2 maxtor ata 133 40gb hdd master 3 and another maxtor ata 133 40 gb as master on ide 4 in other words all 4 drives on independent ide channels set to master.. will I be able to use the hdd on chan. 3 as the boot drive .. are there any problems with this setup .. I want to put the cd drives on 1 and 2 because they are ata 100 channels and the hdd's on 3 and 4 as they are ata 133 channels ( I know the diff is negligible but still ...)

Thanx for any advice \ thoughts on this

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Computers run on smoke, I let the smoke out of mine and it quit working </b> </font color=blue>

svol

Champion
It should work, I have 4 HDs and 3 CDROMs in my system with 4 masters and 3 slaves, works perfect.
You should be able to select the onboard RAID as booting device and inside the HighPoint BIOS you can select which drive is the booting drive.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .