MSN Messenger 6.2

I am trying to get MSN Messenger 6.2 it downloads fine but it starts to
install and then it quits and says an error 1603 has occured. What is that
and how do I fix it? Thanks for any helpful info.

Greetings Abby,

Do you happen to have Adaware installed? If so, if you have "Ad Watch" running, you will see
this behavior. Simply disable it to solve the issue.
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert

"Abby" <Abby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to get MSN Messenger 6.2 it downloads fine but it starts to
> install and then it quits and says an error 1603 has occured. What is that
> and how do I fix it? Thanks for any helpful info.

Sam

hi jonathan,

disabling ad watch did not resolve the problem for me. what about microsoft
antispyware? any other ideas?

thanks,

sam

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings Abby,
>
> Do you happen to have Adaware installed? If so, if you have "Ad Watch" running, you will see
> this behavior. Simply disable it to solve the issue.
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> Associate Expert
>
> "Abby" <Abby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to get MSN Messenger 6.2 it downloads fine but it starts to
> > install and then it quits and says an error 1603 has occured. What is that
> > and how do I fix it? Thanks for any helpful info.

Hi Sam,

I don't believe AntiSpyware is the issue, but you can try disabling it.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi jonathan,
>
> disabling ad watch did not resolve the problem for me. what about microsoft
> antispyware? any other ideas?
>
> thanks,
>
> sam
>
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Greetings Abby,
>>
>> Do you happen to have Adaware installed? If so, if you have "Ad Watch" running, you will
>> see
>> this behavior. Simply disable it to solve the issue.
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
>> Associate Expert
>>
>> "Abby" <Abby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to get MSN Messenger 6.2 it downloads fine but it starts to
>> > install and then it quits and says an error 1603 has occured. What is that
>> > and how do I fix it? Thanks for any helpful info.

TRENDING THREADS