MSN Messenger 6.2

December 20, 2004 10:29:02 PM

I am trying to get MSN Messenger 6.2 it downloads fine but it starts to
install and then it quits and says an error 1603 has occured. What is that
and how do I fix it? Thanks for any helpful info.

More about : msn messenger

Anonymous
December 21, 2004 2:58:34 PM

Greetings Abby,

Do you happen to have Adaware installed? If so, if you have "Ad Watch" running, you will see
this behavior. Simply disable it to solve the issue.
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert

"Abby" <Abby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to get MSN Messenger 6.2 it downloads fine but it starts to
> install and then it quits and says an error 1603 has occured. What is that
> and how do I fix it? Thanks for any helpful info.
March 9, 2005 2:11:07 PM

hi jonathan,

disabling ad watch did not resolve the problem for me. what about microsoft
antispyware? any other ideas?

thanks,

sam

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings Abby,
>
> Do you happen to have Adaware installed? If so, if you have "Ad Watch" running, you will see
> this behavior. Simply disable it to solve the issue.
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> Associate Expert
>
> "Abby" <Abby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to get MSN Messenger 6.2 it downloads fine but it starts to
> > install and then it quits and says an error 1603 has occured. What is that
> > and how do I fix it? Thanks for any helpful info.

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 5:16:24 PM

Hi Sam,

I don't believe AntiSpyware is the issue, but you can try disabling it.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

!