MSN Messenger 6.2

I am trying to get MSN Messenger 6.2 it downloads fine but it starts to
install and then it quits and says an error 1603 has occured. What is that
and how do I fix it? Thanks for any helpful info.
3 answers Last reply
More about messenger

    Greetings Abby,

    Do you happen to have Adaware installed? If so, if you have "Ad Watch" running, you will see
    this behavior. Simply disable it to solve the issue.
    Jonathan Kay
    Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
    Associate Expert

    "Abby" <Abby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to get MSN Messenger 6.2 it downloads fine but it starts to
    > install and then it quits and says an error 1603 has occured. What is that
    > and how do I fix it? Thanks for any helpful info.

    hi jonathan,

    disabling ad watch did not resolve the problem for me. what about microsoft
    antispyware? any other ideas?

    thanks,

    sam

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings Abby,
    >
    > Do you happen to have Adaware installed? If so, if you have "Ad Watch" running, you will see
    > this behavior. Simply disable it to solve the issue.
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Abby" <Abby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am trying to get MSN Messenger 6.2 it downloads fine but it starts to
    > > install and then it quits and says an error 1603 has occured. What is that
    > > and how do I fix it? Thanks for any helpful info.

    Hi Sam,

    I don't believe AntiSpyware is the issue, but you can try disabling it.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi jonathan,
    >
    > disabling ad watch did not resolve the problem for me. what about microsoft
    > antispyware? any other ideas?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > sam
    >
    > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Greetings Abby,
    >>
    >> Do you happen to have Adaware installed? If so, if you have "Ad Watch" running, you will
    >> see
    >> this behavior. Simply disable it to solve the issue.
    >> Jonathan Kay
    >> Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
    >> Associate Expert
    >>
    >> "Abby" <Abby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I am trying to get MSN Messenger 6.2 it downloads fine but it starts to
    >> > install and then it quits and says an error 1603 has occured. What is that
    >> > and how do I fix it? Thanks for any helpful info.

Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP