How many simultaneous sessions with MSN messenger?

Hi all,

If I have a network with say 4 computers connected to the internet via a
UPnP router and have a friend who also has four computers connected to the
Internet through a UPnP router.....

Using MSN messenger and assuming bandwidth was not a problem could we have 4
simultaneous voice/video conversations with say machine 1 and location A
talking to machine 1 at location B, 2A to 2B, 3A to 3B, 4A to 4B?????

Regards,

Paul
1 answer Last reply
More about simultaneous sessions messenger

    Greetings Paul,

    Well the ports used are 5004 through 65535. With several ports required for each voice/video
    connection, you can have quite a number of simultaneous conversations going on ;)

    So short answer: this scenario would be just fine.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Paul Westwell" <paul.news@nospam.westwell.me.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > If I have a network with say 4 computers connected to the internet via a UPnP router and
    > have a friend who also has four computers connected to the Internet through a UPnP
    > router.....
    >
    > Using MSN messenger and assuming bandwidth was not a problem could we have 4 simultaneous
    > voice/video conversations with say machine 1 and location A talking to machine 1 at
    > location B, 2A to 2B, 3A to 3B, 4A to 4B?????
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Paul

MSN Messenger Windows XP