How many simultaneous sessions with MSN messenger?

Tags:
  • MSN Messenger
  • Windows XP
December 22, 2004 12:59:16 AM

Hi all,

If I have a network with say 4 computers connected to the internet via a
UPnP router and have a friend who also has four computers connected to the
Internet through a UPnP router.....

Using MSN messenger and assuming bandwidth was not a problem could we have 4
simultaneous voice/video conversations with say machine 1 and location A
talking to machine 1 at location B, 2A to 2B, 3A to 3B, 4A to 4B?????

Regards,

Paul

More about : simultaneous sessions msn messenger

Anonymous
December 22, 2004 3:43:14 PM

Greetings Paul,

Well the ports used are 5004 through 65535. With several ports required for each voice/video
connection, you can have quite a number of simultaneous conversations going on ;)

So short answer: this scenario would be just fine.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

!