Blackberry 7510

Just bought a used Blackberry 7510. I had hoped the Sim card from my
i830 would work in it, they look the same. When I swapped them out, the
address book did not change in the blackberry and when I tried to call
my cell number, the blackberry did not ring. It showed my cell number
was in the blackberry but it did not work. Any advice?

thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about blackberry 7510
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Do a master reset.

    "Michael Greene" <wgreene63@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > Just bought a used Blackberry 7510. I had hoped the Sim card from my
    > i830 would work in it, they look the same. When I swapped them out, the
    > address book did not change in the blackberry and when I tried to call
    > my cell number, the blackberry did not ring. It showed my cell number
    > was in the blackberry but it did not work. Any advice?
    >
    > thanks.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    I can tell you that the SIM card from my i730 worked fine in my Blackberry
    7520 so in comparison, I would think that your SIM would work fine.

    The other post recommended a master reset. That might be a good idea.

    Now, with that said, if you do get it to work, you are not going to be able
    to take advantage of all of the features of the Blackberry.

    With that said, the i730 and i830 can read a 2-digit SIM and a 3-digit SIM,
    getting the most benefit from the later. The Blackberry actually uses a
    2-digit SIM, but can read the 3-digit off SOME phones, I'm not sure which.

    If you decide to use the Blackberry with the Internet package, I'd recommend
    you purchase a new Blackberry SIM and have them change your account to
    register the Blackberry properly. Go for it, I've had my 7520 for three
    weeks and only wish I had done it much sooner.

    "Michael Greene" <wgreene63@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > Just bought a used Blackberry 7510. I had hoped the Sim card from my i830
    > would work in it, they look the same. When I swapped them out, the address
    > book did not change in the blackberry and when I tried to call my cell
    > number, the blackberry did not ring. It showed my cell number was in the
    > blackberry but it did not work. Any advice?
    >
    > thanks.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    How, need the password.

    Zman53 wrote:
    > Do a master reset.
    >

    > "Michael Greene" <wgreene63@netscape.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Just bought a used Blackberry 7510. I had hoped the Sim card from my
    >>i830 would work in it, they look the same. When I swapped them out, the
    >>address book did not change in the blackberry and when I tried to call
    >>my cell number, the blackberry did not ring. It showed my cell number
    >>was in the blackberry but it did not work. Any advice?
    >>
    >>thanks.

  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    try either four, five or six zero's
    > How, need the password.
    >
    > Zman53 wrote:
    >> Do a master reset.
    >>

    >> "Michael Greene" <wgreene63@netscape.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Just bought a used Blackberry 7510. I had hoped the Sim card from my
    >>>i830 would work in it, they look the same. When I swapped them out, the
    >>>address book did not change in the blackberry and when I tried to call
    >>>my cell number, the blackberry did not ring. It showed my cell number
    >>>was in the blackberry but it did not work. Any advice?
    >>>
    >>>thanks.

  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Thanks

    Mike Callery wrote:
    > try either four, five or six zero's
    > "Michael Greene" <wgreene63@netscape.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>How, need the password.
    >>
    >>Zman53 wrote:
    >>
    >>>Do a master reset.
    >>>

    >>>"Michael Greene" <wgreene63@netscape.net> wrote in message

Nextel BlackBerry SIM Card Internet Service Providers