JShaffer

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2004
Hi all- I just built my first computer, and am trying to install XP Corp from scratch, but everytime I start up I get a CD Boot Memory overflow error.
I have a copy of XP Pro upgrade, and that works fine until setup starts looking for a previous version of Windows. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated as I'm sitting here starting at 2200$ in blank monitors :)

-James

kinetic_tw

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
Is it a legal copy of XP Corp that you're trying to install? About the XP Pro Upgrade, you dont have a Win98 disc kicking around, or a friend that would loan you his?

HammerBot

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
How much memory do you have? Is it setup correctly in the BIOS? Have you tried running memtest86?

<i><b>Engineering is the fine art of making what you want from things you can get</b></i>

timberwolf1

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2003
Wait a minute ... are you using the original copy of XP Professional? The other thing to check is whether your hardware is on Microsoft's hardware compatibility list. Go to
www.microsoft.com and do a search on 'XP hardware compatibility list'. Some motherboards and CD-ROM drives have problems with Windows XP.

Gary Hendricks
<A HREF="http://www.digital-music-guide.com" target="_new">www.digital-music-guide.com</A>