Procces1_initialization_failed. Won't fix

zerx787

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
I have a new hp pavilion dv4-2145dx and I have had a lot of problems with installing new software / devices about everytime I would restart my computer it would give me a bsod of Procces1_initialization_failed 0x000006b or something like that. It used to fix itself with startup repair built into the windows 7. Then I try to turn it on after it was working perfectly fine with my iPhone I end up having a ton of issues first the computer doesn't fix itself like it normally did with the startup repair I tried several different methods disconnecting all hardware safe mode wouldn't even start either so I looked online and have found nothing that has worked the deleting bootcat.cache didn't work command prompt gave me this error message could not locate x:\windows\system32\codeintegrity\bootcat.cache after typing the del bootcat.cache command and I havnt deleted it successfully already either can someone help me with this asap

Sounds like a corrupt build, if you have nothing valuable stored on the disk, use the factory restore option. If that fails, could be a faulty, hdd, talk to HP about a replacement if under warranty and don't forget to get them to re-image your recovery partition.

zerx787

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
That is the only thing I have over 80 gigabytes of files on it and all of my programs and I just want to make sure that there is no possible way for me to fix my computer without backing up my files and doing a whole resetup because as far as I know the factory restore partition still works fine and I have tried to rename the bootcat.cache and copying the catroot folder from a working computer to fix the problem and so far it hasn't worked

lazyperson17

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
did your computer come with any Win 7 CD's? If so, insert the CD's and try running a REPAIR from the CD's.

When the computer had to repair more than twice, on a consistent basis... that should have been a little "tip" that something wrong was happening.

If that doesnt work, try running a chkdsk to check the HDD itself.

If that doesnt work, we will have to try something a bit more drastic to see if we can save the HDD with your data.

zerx787

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
The computer didn't come with any recovery disks however it did come with a partition that you can boot off of and it has a lot of repair options such as

Windows recovery-- does work
System restore-- works as far as I know
Minimized system recovery-- works as far as I know

It also can boot off of a ubuntu live cd and access my hard drive to back up the hard drive and then do the system restore but before I do that I would like to try to fix it because if I used that method then all my programs will be erased but I would like to know if there is a different way to fix it