Strange pauses

David

I'm using XP professional and i'm having trouble with msn
messenger 6.2. I can start the session fine, but when i
write a message the whole program inhibits for a few
seconds, then i see my message posted and the program
resumes working. Strangely, the other profile in this
computer doesn't have this problem. Any help is truly
appreciated.

BTW, i don't know if this is a msn messenger issue, but
if i select "start a Age of Empires 2 game" option, it
crashes my pc soon after the other person accepts the
invitation.

Greetings David,

Albeit unsupported, you might want to try this:
http://www.hometownohio.com/faq/files/WinsockXPFix.exe

Simply run, click on Fix and after this is complete, reboot and you should be back to normal.

As for the Age of Empires 2 "crash", what exactly occurs?
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert