One way Video Chat with New Zealand - Possible?

We have a baby on the way and want to set up Video Messengng with
Grandparents in New Zealand.

We have: Webcam (creative NX Pro), Broadband, MSN messenger account but only
Windows ME :-(
Grandparents have: no Webcam, Dial up connection, Windows XP with Messenger.

Can it work? Can ME + MSN messenger send voice + video to XP messenger? Are
we doomed until a) we get XP, b) they get Broadband??
1 answer Last reply
More about video chat zealand possible

    Greetings,

    Yes, you can do this! The only thing that needs to happen is the grandparents on XP will
    need to install MSN Messenger (http://messenger.msn.com) and use that (as opposed to the
    built-in Windows Messenger in XP).
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Janeno" <Janeno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > We have a baby on the way and want to set up Video Messengng with
    > Grandparents in New Zealand.
    >
    > We have: Webcam (creative NX Pro), Broadband, MSN messenger account but only
    > Windows ME :-(
    > Grandparents have: no Webcam, Dial up connection, Windows XP with Messenger.
    >
    > Can it work? Can ME + MSN messenger send voice + video to XP messenger? Are
    > we doomed until a) we get XP, b) they get Broadband??

Messenger Video Windows XP