One way Video Chat with New Zealand - Possible?

December 26, 2004 8:25:02 AM

We have a baby on the way and want to set up Video Messengng with
Grandparents in New Zealand.

We have: Webcam (creative NX Pro), Broadband, MSN messenger account but only
Windows ME :-(
Grandparents have: no Webcam, Dial up connection, Windows XP with Messenger.

Can it work? Can ME + MSN messenger send voice + video to XP messenger? Are
we doomed until a) we get XP, b) they get Broadband??

More about : video chat zealand

Anonymous
December 27, 2004 5:18:23 PM

Greetings,

Yes, you can do this! The only thing that needs to happen is the grandparents on XP will
need to install MSN Messenger (http://messenger.msn.com) and use that (as opposed to the
built-in Windows Messenger in XP).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert