BuffDaddy

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2002
I'm gonna put together a 2.2 Ghz P4. Which motherboard is the best for P4's? I'm going with the DDR-SDRAM.

What the hell does that mean?!!!

G

Use the Intel BOXD850MV, MVL, OR MVSE USE 800mHZ RAMBUS, DDR IS 266MHZ & WILL REDUCE PERFORMANCE.

ABOVE IS ONLY ATA100, IF YOU WANT ATA133 OR RAID ATA133, IT IS ONLY ON DDR BOARDS, SUGGEST SHUTTLE AV45GTR OR GB GA-8iRXP IF YOU CAN FIND THEM

MARTINR
TECHNICIAN

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
I just put together a new system based on the Soyo p4s Dragon Ultra board .. the DDR ram for it is 333mhz (not 266)(pc2700) and from what I have seen of Tom's testing it is damn close in performance to the evil Rambus rdram. This board also supports raid 0,1 0+1 and span (ATA 133), onboard hardware lan 10/100, 6 channel hardware integrated audio chip 6 USB ports 2 in rear and a neat little breakout box for the other 4 to be used up front ( a free pci usb 2.0 card is available too) It has a very tweak O\C friendly bios (award)

oh yeah the audio also has an adapter for spdif in's and out and optical connectors !!

I have assembled it but can't say more 'cause my Ram won't be here until Monday :( ( using a p-4 20a northwood cpu btw which should clock to 2.4 or better aircooled))

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Computers run on smoke, I let the smoke out of mine and it quit working </b> </font color=blue>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Please don't type in all caps unless you're talking on AIM. That kind of thing is appropriate there, but not here.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

Latest posts