G

I just put together my first build. When I turn the power on (on the P/S - front switch doesn't work) all I get is a continous high pitch tone. No fans turn, CD RW won't open. P/S is Enermax 230W, AMD XP1600+, maxtor 40G 7200 RPM, CD RW, FDD, Radeon 32MB AGP, Crucial PC2100 DDR. Any suggestions?

svol

Champion
CXheck if everything is inserted properly, if you really use an <b>230</b>W powersupply then replace it with atleast a 300 W (350 is even better). 230W is way to low for your system.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

G

Yes, I checked the connections before I posted and again this AM. It still screams like a banshee. This is my first build from scratch but I did get A+ certified last month. In class when we didn't get the power hooked up correctly, it just wouldn't power up although the P/S fan would work. I don't even get that. I'm thinking it's a bad P/S. Comments?

P.S. svol - my case has 5 fans (heatsink, north bridge, AGP card & 2 case). How many do I need to get it to hover? :)

svol

Champion
Good chance it is your powersupply, is the sound comming from the powersupply, or is another part of the PC generating the sound, if it comes from the powersupply then I think its bad.

I have 14 fans inside my case (6 casefans, 3 powersupply fans (I have 2 powersupplys), 2 HD fans and 3 chipset/CPU fans).

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .