Runtime Error! problem

I receive pop-up window about every five minutes that states the following:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
R6025 – pure virtual function call
I couldn’t find msmsgs.exe file in the above directory; however, I didn’t
manually delete any files from any directory except My Documents folder. I
also didn’t manually modify any Registry settings. I have Compaq Presario
R3240 notebook with 512MB of RAM running Windows XP Home Edition SP 2. I
would appreciate any suggestion about how I can fix this annoying problem.

Greetings Logic,

Do you happen to have Norton Antivirus installed by any chance? If so, recent versions of
Norton Antivirus added a new "instant messaging scanning" feature, which can conflict with
Messenger and cause it to also keep starting. To stop it, open Norton Antivirus (Right-click
on the Norton Antivirus icon in the System Tray/Notification Area (by the clock), choose
'Open Norton Antivirus'), click Options, then Instant Messenger then uncheck MSN Instant
Messenger (or Windows Messenger depending on version) and click OK.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert