GPS reception

Just returned from vacationing in southern Oregon with my i710 phone. The
telenav worked most of the time, but sometimes would lose the signal. Is
there an additional antenna that would add reception? Do those internal
signal booster for cell phone work?

Telenav signal: you would lose signal from the GPS or from Nextel?
They are two separate antennas.

You put tinfoil on your TV rabbit ears to help with signals? Sometimes
it works, sometimes it doesn't work. Signal booster may work about the
same. I am now able to use my phone in the elevator at work most of
the time when I couldn't at all before.

Brutus

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2005

If it is the Nextel signal a booster (one ia available form Wilson
Electronics that works fairly well) will usually improve things because 1)
it uses an external antenna and 2) it boosts power to 3 watts. Bear in mind
that Nextel frowns on their usage, especially in high signal urban areas.

If it is the GPS signal there are cradles available from Motorola that will
allow an external GPS antenna to be connected to most Nextel phones.