GPS reception

Just returned from vacationing in southern Oregon with my i710 phone. The
telenav worked most of the time, but sometimes would lose the signal. Is
there an additional antenna that would add reception? Do those internal
signal booster for cell phone work?
2 answers Last reply
More about reception
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Telenav signal: you would lose signal from the GPS or from Nextel?
    They are two separate antennas.

    You put tinfoil on your TV rabbit ears to help with signals? Sometimes
    it works, sometimes it doesn't work. Signal booster may work about the
    same. I am now able to use my phone in the elevator at work most of
    the time when I couldn't at all before.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    If it is the Nextel signal a booster (one ia available form Wilson
    Electronics that works fairly well) will usually improve things because 1)
    it uses an external antenna and 2) it boosts power to 3 watts. Bear in mind
    that Nextel frowns on their usage, especially in high signal urban areas.

    If it is the GPS signal there are cradles available from Motorola that will
    allow an external GPS antenna to be connected to most Nextel phones.

    <ttiiggy@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Telenav signal: you would lose signal from the GPS or from Nextel?
    > They are two separate antennas.
    >
    > You put tinfoil on your TV rabbit ears to help with signals? Sometimes
    > it works, sometimes it doesn't work. Signal booster may work about the
    > same. I am now able to use my phone in the elevator at work most of
    > the time when I couldn't at all before.

Nextel GPS Internet Service Providers