msn messenger

Problem 2 1/2 weeks ago messenger audio worked fine I
havent changed anything,then it quit other people cant
here me I can here them I running xp on a cable
connectiom whats wird is my yahoo and icq messengers work
fine no problems. I ran the audio test in messenger it
says everythings fine so HELP what now??? thank you

Check the audio settings of your computer:
1. Run Sound Recorder and make sure you can record your voice and play
it back (Programs-> Accessories->Entertainment)
2. If you cannot record an playback your voice then you need to check
the audio settings (Programs-> Accessories->Entertainment-> Volumen
Control). Choose Options->Properties and then select the Record button.
Make sure your microphone checkbox below is selected. Then click Accept
and set the microphone volume as high as possible (make sure the
checkbox is selected again). Then try Sound Recorder again, it should
work this time !
3. If it runs ok then your problem is in your network, probably a
Firewall/NAT problem (cable companies DO change their network policies
without letting you know!). I suggest you give Realtunnel a try
(www.realtunnel.com). It worked fine for me.

Hope this helps,
AA

--