NetGear & MSN Msngr voice block

I am running XP SP2 with NetGear WGT624 and UPnP enabled. Since installtion
of new router, MSN audio chat (text okay) is not working on base computer
(connected via cable).

Yahoo Msngr voice and text are both working fine. Need help in turning back
on MSN Msngr audio chat capability.
5 answers Last reply
More about netgear msngr voice block

    Greetings,

    Yahoo's voice functionality is very much different to MSN Messenger, you really can't compare
    it.

    Is it just not connecting or are you actually getting connected (you'll see "Connection
    Established" in the statusbar) but not hearing each other?
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "NetGearNovice" <NetGearNovice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am running XP SP2 with NetGear WGT624 and UPnP enabled. Since installtion
    > of new router, MSN audio chat (text okay) is not working on base computer
    > (connected via cable).
    >
    > Yahoo Msngr voice and text are both working fine. Need help in turning back
    > on MSN Msngr audio chat capability.

    When the "Audio" button is pressed, after 30 to 45 seconds an error message
    appears. The "connection established" message never appears in the message
    bar.

    I presently don't have a copy of the exact error message, but will try and
    post it as soon as I can reproduce it.

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings,
    >
    > Yahoo's voice functionality is very much different to MSN Messenger, you really can't compare
    > it.
    >
    > Is it just not connecting or are you actually getting connected (you'll see "Connection
    > Established" in the statusbar) but not hearing each other?
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "NetGearNovice" <NetGearNovice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am running XP SP2 with NetGear WGT624 and UPnP enabled. Since installtion
    > > of new router, MSN audio chat (text okay) is not working on base computer
    > > (connected via cable).
    > >
    > > Yahoo Msngr voice and text are both working fine. Need help in turning back
    > > on MSN Msngr audio chat capability.

    Your router is probably running NAT, giving you an IP address that is
    different from the one your ISP recognizes.

    Try the demo at www.realtunnel.com to see if you should install
    realtunnel. I think that should do the trick. If not, you might want to
    connect your computer directly and see if it still works.

    Cheers,
    AA

    --
    lunaticfri11

    I also have the same router, file transfer works, video works, but audio
    won't! uPNP is enabled. I can get two computer inside the the router to
    connect voice and audio though which I thought would actually be
    harder! Any other ideas on what can be tried?
    Thnx, dd666

    --
    dd666

    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried Real Tunnel and it solved my problem
    perfectly.

    "lunaticfri11" wrote:

    > Your router is probably running NAT, giving you an IP address that is
    > different from the one your ISP recognizes.
    >
    > Try the demo at www.realtunnel.com to see if you should install
    > realtunnel. I think that should do the trick. If not, you might want to
    > connect your computer directly and see if it still works.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > AA
    >

    > NetGearNovice wrote:
    > > *I am running XP SP2 with NetGear WGT624 and UPnP enabled. Since
    > > installtion
    > > of new router, MSN audio chat (text okay) is not working on base
    > > computer
    > > (connected via cable).
    > >
    > > Yahoo Msngr voice and text are both working fine. Need help in
    > > turning back
    > > on MSN Msngr audio chat capability. *
    >

    > --
    > lunaticfri11